12/17/07

My Confession...

I have found my new hobby to be so relaxing! And yet some times very stressful! But it seems to be a good balance.

I actually began this hobby with the simple act of admiring some else's work. I've always loved hemp jewelry but without going to a craft/art show I could never find stuff that was unique or if it was, it wasn't my style. Then I realized I would never find exactly what I wanted outside of my own creation. Only I could create exactly what I wanted!

Long story short, I bought some primary colors to play around with and have been hooked ever since!

Now I'm putting my work out there for other's to appreciate and/or purchase!

Right now, I'm really just trying to sell some beads so that I can keep making them!

I'm currently working on a jewelry box for my grandmother as well as some flat pieces for necklaces, etc.

I could only get 5 pics on here but more are available via email or you can check out my myspace, display name "polybead."

Enjoy looking!

ps-Some of the photos are a bit blurry. Sorry! I have a friend, who is an aspiring and very talented photographer, working on new ones!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lauren,

Fantastic, woman! I love it! You know I can understand your addiction very well, for I have a very similar one myself! The photos are actually very nice, and I love your bead style. Keep it up, and enjoy. Love, Veronica